New office policies
- In accordance with the CDCs recommendation for social distancing, we have implemented a "no waiting room" policy for well visits. Patients are being placed in a clean room upon arrival to minimize exposure to others.
- Masks are required for all people ages two and up in the office.
- If your child has any ill symptoms or has been asked to quarantine because of direct exposure or because of travel, we ask that you reschedule any routine, non-urgent appointments.
- The state of Illinois maintains a list of testing sites
- We currently have COVID19 antigen testing available in the office for symptomatic children and have the ability to order PCR testing at Lurie Children's Hospital and Northwestern Hospitals. Please call our office for telemedicine visit to discuss testing options.
- If your asymptomatic child needs a test for college or other reasons, please try one of the above testing sites or call our office to set up a telemedicine visit to discuss options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources
- We do not have COVID-19 vaccines in the office.
- The Pfizer covid vaccine is now approved for all people 12 years and older. We strongly encourage all eligible people to get the vaccine!
- General vaccine information from the CDC: click here
- For lactating/breastfeeding mothers (as of December 18, 2020):
- The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) supports vaccination of breastfeeding mothers. There is no need to stop breastfeeding while/after receiving the vaccine.
- For the full statement click here
- ACOG will continue to update this page with more information, as available.
- For pregnant mothers, please discuss the risks/benefits with your ob/gyn.
The decision to send your child back to daycare or school is a difficult and personal one. Each family must evaluate their child's social/emotional/educational needs, the families health status, and overall tolerance for risk. These resources can help you make the best choice for your family.
- ProPublica article reviewing scientific studies of kids and Covid
- Healthychildren.org article about daycare
- Healthychildren.org article about school
- American Academy of Pediatrics school recommendations
- NBC video featuring Dr Foster about school and travel
- Northwestern - (312) 47-COVID
- Rush - (888) 352-RUSH
- Northshore - (847) 432-5849
- Lurie - (312) 227-5300
- IDPH hotline - (800)889-3931