New office policies
- In accordance with the CDCs recommendation for social distancing, we have implemented a "no waiting room" policy for well visits. Patients are being placed in a clean room upon arrival to minimize exposure to others.
- Masks are required for all people ages two and up in the office.
- If your child has any ill symptoms or has been asked to quarantine because of direct exposure or because of travel, we ask that you reschedule any routine, non-urgent appointments.
- The state of Illinois maintains a list of testing sites
- We currently have COVID19 antigen testing available in the office for symptomatic children and have the ability to order PCR testing at Northwestern Hospitals. Lurie Children's no longer requires a doctors order and you may schedule your child's test HERE
- If your asymptomatic child needs a test for college or other reasons, please try one of the above testing sites or call our office to set up a telemedicine visit to discuss options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources
- We do not have COVID-19 vaccines in the office.
- The Pfizer covid vaccine is now approved for all people 12 years and older. We strongly encourage all eligible people to get the vaccine!
- General vaccine information from the CDC: click here
- For lactating/breastfeeding mothers (as of December 18, 2020):
- The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) supports vaccination of breastfeeding mothers. There is no need to stop breastfeeding while/after receiving the vaccine.
- For the full statement click here
- ACOG will continue to update this page with more information, as available.
- For pregnant mothers, please discuss the risks/benefits with your ob/gyn.
The decision to send your child back to daycare or school is a difficult and personal one. Each family must evaluate their child's social/emotional/educational needs, the families health status, and overall tolerance for risk. These resources can help you make the best choice for your family.
- ProPublica article reviewing scientific studies of kids and Covid
- Healthychildren.org article about daycare
- Healthychildren.org article about school
- American Academy of Pediatrics school recommendations
- NBC video featuring Dr Foster about school and travel
- Northwestern - (312) 47-COVID
- Rush - (888) 352-RUSH
- Northshore - (847) 432-5849
- Lurie - (312) 227-5300
- IDPH hotline - (800)889-3931