New office policies
- We are NOT accepting any walk-ins. Please call the office if your child needs an appointment so we can triage appropriately. We now offer telemedicine sick visits! Read all about it HERE
- In accordance with the CDCs recommendation for social distancing, we have implemented a "no waiting room" policy. Patients are being placed in a clean room upon arrival to minimize exposure to others.
- Masks are required for all people ages two and up in the office.
- We are checking the temperature of all children and adults who enter the office. If anyone has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If your child has been asked to quarantine because of direct exposure or because of travel, we ask that you reschedule any routine, non urgent appointments.
- The state of Illinois maintains a list of testing sites
- We currently do not have testing available in the office; following a telemedicine visit we can order testing, if necessary, for symptomatic children at the Lurie Children's drive through. If we have already ordered a test for your child but you need to schedule it, you may call (312)227-5300.
- If your asymptomatic child needs a test for college or other reasons, please try one the testing sites above. If a site requires a doctor order, please call us with the fax number. We are happy to order testing on current patients if deemed appropriate by our physicians.
The decision to send your child back to daycare or school is a difficult and personal one. Each family must evaluate their child's social/emotional/educational needs, the families health status, and overall tolerance for risk. These resources can help you make the best choice for your family.
- ProPublica article reviewing scientific studies of kids and Covid
- Healthychildren.org article about daycare
- Healthychildren.org article about school
- American Academy of Pediatrics school recommendations
- NBC video featuring Dr Foster about school and travel
- Northwestern - (312) 47-COVID
- Rush - (888) 352-RUSH
- Northshore - (847) 432-5849
- Lurie - (312) 227-5300
- IDPH hotline - (800)889-3931